We offer both ongoing training and full National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification courses.
The NPLQ is the premier qualification that you need to work as a pool lifeguard. The qualification requires 36 hours of training and you need to be 16 years or older to take the assessment.
The training includes:
- Knowledge of lifeguarding and the law,
- Pool hazards, control measures and pool supervision
- First aid knowledge
- Demonstration of practical skills including resuscitation and dealing with suspected spinal injuries
- Water-based rescue and incident prevention skills.
In order to take the NPLQ you must be able to complete the following:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder